The end of a summer is bittersweet; the hot humidity turns into brisk winds but the leaves change to brilliant shades of fiery red, orange, and yellow. I love the fall season. Fashion becomes cozier and makeup becomes moodier. Crimson lips aren’t a seasonal trend anymore. This red hot hue is a beauty staple meaning a red lipstick is a must in your beauty stash!
How To Wear Crimson Lips:
- To really make the lips the focus, wear barely-there shades on the eyes with just a touch of mascara.
- Skin should be flawless so use a good coverage foundation and conceal where needed. Always set your makeup with a translucent powder.
- To give this look some edge, contour the cheeks with a matte bronzer. Highlight the cheekbones with a shimmery – not glittery – highlighter.
- Full brows help frame the face so don’t skip the brows! Slick brow hairs down with a wax or clear brow gel. For really unruly brows, spray some hair spray on a mascara wand.
- For a dash of glam, line the eyes with a liquid liner and wing out. To make a statement, pair the bold lip with defined smokey eyes.
- Make sure lips are in good shape. Exfoliate with a damp, warm cloth and move in a circular motion. Apply lip balm to moisturize and then blot with a tissue.
- For stay-proof lips, fill the lips in with a matching red lip liner. Apply your lipstick then blot with a tissue or dust with a translucent powder with a tissue placed over your lips. Then reapply again. Don’t like lipstick? Use a gel lip stain.
How To Pick The Right Shade of Red:
Everyone can wear a red lip if you choose the right red for your skin tone. For pale skin tones, try a cool and bright cherry red. (Think Gwen Stefani). For medium yellow and olive skin tones, try a warm-toned fire-engine red. For dark skin tones, try a wine or burgundy red.
- Face: Benefit Hello Flawless Brightening Foundation, Cover FX Concealer, Clinique Translucent Powder #8
- Cheeks: Benefit Hoola Bronzer, Yaby Cosmetics Highlighter in Light
- Eyes: M.A.C. Eyeshadow in White Frost
- Brows: Clarins Eye Brow Palette, L’Oreal Elnett Hairspray to set brows
- Lips: Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment, Julie Hewett Cocoa Noir Lip Liner, NARS Pure Velvet Matte Lipstick in Terre de Feu