It’s a fun time for nails! Nail art and nail stickers have made self manis way more interesting. I usually like to stick to one solid colour, but lately I have been mixing it up a bit with my feeble attempts at nail art.
Pictured above is Lise Watier nail polish in Powdered Grey new for Spring! If you love a good neutral you will love this taupey-grey with a slight pearl finish. I used Avon’s Nail Art polish white and Avon’s double sided dotting tool to create a polka dot design on my ring finger. The dotting tool made it very easy to make the polka dots even with my unsteady hand. I assume you can create many more designs with this tool but for now this is as creative as I can get!
Do you like nail art? Do you prefer to freehand it or do you use nail stencils and tools?
Products were sent for editorial consideration and I truly love them.
Makeup: Joy David-Tilberg, Model: Jenna (Peggi Lepage) Assistant: Heather
Glitter, sparkle, and shimmer is in full force now that the holidays are just around the corner! Don’t be afraid to add a little bling to your look as you head out to your many holiday parties.
The look I created is classic Old Hollywood with a slight twist. It’s all about glowing skin, bold brows, winged liner and bold luscious lips. Take this iconic look and play around with different colours.
Get the Look:
- Even out your skin with a foundation that has a semi-matte finish and good coverage.
- To balance a bold lip you need to have a full brow. I used Make Up For Ever’s Aqua Brow which is a water-proof formula. If you’re new to filling in your brows, using this gel will take some time to get used to but you can be sure your brows will be there until you remove your makeup! The best way to use this is to dab a pin-size drop onto your hand and dip your angled brush in it. Remove the excess off on a tissue. Use light strokes in the direction of your hair growth and only apply where you need it. If you need to soften or blend, do it quickly because it sets rather quickly. This is excellent over top of faded tattooed brows too.
- If you love cream shadows that won’t budge you must have the Make Up For Ever Black Tango Palette (limited edition palette for the holidays). I adore these shadows because they glide onto the eyes and blend superbly! The palette includes black with red highlights, black with green highlights, black with blue highlights and an ivory shade. For this look, I used the Ivory shade as the base and concentrated more in the inner corner and brow bone. Rather than using a traditional black liner, I chose the black with blue highlights which is just beautiful. It has a slight metallic finish and looks stunning when the light catches it. I used a thin liner brush and gradually thickened the line until I was satisfied with the shape.
- Over top of the ivory shade from MUFE, I used this absolutely stunning gold shadow from Lise Watier. I also used this to highlight her cheekbones, cupid’s bow and even dabbed some onto the lips. It has to be one of my favourite gold shadows I own. The texture is luxurious and is velvety smooth. I was a little bummed when I received it though because it was shattered. I will have to give it some makeup fix TLC – I love it that much!
- With all the yummy eats you’ll be chomping on and champagne you’ll be sipping, you’ll want a lip colour that won’t budge. If you haven’t tried Make Up For Ever’s Aqua Rouge lippies you must. It’s one of the best long-lasting formulas I’ve tried and it doesn’t dry out the lips. The clear gloss keeps your lips hydrated for a long time even after eating. The shine disappears but the gloss keeps your lips feeling comfortable. I used #9 on Jenna which is a gorgeous burgundy shade. The gold shimmer looks amazing over top. Just add a little to the center of your lips.
Give your hair some sexy waves, add some blingy jewelry and your holiday glam look is complete!